>Miniwaites wrote
>I wondered if anyone else has experienced this - my alarm is set to go
>off at 7.40, but at that time it starts playing some music (which I
>cannot identify) at a volume louder then either the Radio or the alarm
>is set at.  I turn this off and shortly after the actual alarm playlist
>will start.

I have exactly the same problem (with possibly the same cause, PC
slow to wake up). At the time the Alarm is set for, it turns on at
FULL VOLUME playing a repeating small-band riff. After 5-10 secs that
cuts out, then slowly out of the silence (as configured) my chosen
radio station comes in up to the preset volume level.
It's a brutal way to wake me up!