erland;504635 Wrote:
> I did some more testing regarding this and I think my problem is the
> volume ramp-up and not what's actually played. I've probably just been
> sleepy when a alarm has fired earlier thinking that there was some audio
> left in some buffer.
>
> Anyway, this is what happens:
> 1. I have the alarms configured to ramp up the volume with the "Fade
> Alarms In" setting.
> 2. I've paused the player, not stopped it.
> 3. When the alarm is fired it correctly selects the chosen playlist
> 4. It starts to play the music with high volume, I think it's the
> volume according to the alarm volume setting
> 5. After a half second it changes the volume to just above 0
> 6. It correctly ramps up the volume slowly until it reaches the alarm
> volume setting.
>
> The problem is step 4 which causes me to wake up immediately instead of
> through slowly ramped up music. It feels like step 4 and 5 should happen
> in the opposite order so the volume is lowered before the stream
> actually starts to play.
>
> If the player is stopped (not just paused) before the alarm sequence it
> works correctly.
> Also the problem is not what's in the buffer because it plays the
> correct track at step 4, it's just that the volume is too high at that
> moment.

Makes sense.  I think if you watch the log you will see in this case a
playerModeChange or playerLoaded or playerCurrent or similar
notification coming from SqueezeOS that is causing the audio subsystem
to be prematurely transitioned to actually play out audio prior to when
the volume is adjusted just above 0.  Then again, you'll only see the
notification occur if an applet or SqueezeOS is logging it.  I know the
new AlarmSnooze applet spits out these events, but I'm not sure they are
otherwise logged...

--
Marc