bluegaspode;506224 Wrote:
> The problem is due to your setup.
>
> When your server is off at alarm time, a fall-back (locally stored)
> sound with full volume will play. If the server is on later it
> recognizes, that it missed to send an alarm and resends it.
>
> The solution is to have your server always ON at the scheduled alarm
> times.
> This might be fixed with the latest firmware, as it will send a WOL
> command 10minutes before the actual alarm.
>
> If your server wakes up by this - fine - if not - bad ...

Thanks for the explanation.  What does locally stored mean in this
context?  If it means on the radio itself, then why cant it remember my
custom settings in the same manner as the tune itself?  Also, I must be
missing A LOT given the problems and hurdles trying to stabilize the
alarm.  Why not have ALL static content saved on the radio, a connection
should only be attempted if live content is sought, if a connection
cannot be achieved, it should default back to the local content, with
all saved settings.  Wouldn't that solve most if not all issues?

--
wxman