jimbo45;510729 Wrote:
> Hi all
> So far I've really enjoyed using the squeezebox radio -- but I'd love
> just a small modification.
>
> Could a future product allow connection of a USB disk and play music
> from the local device -- I've got about 300 GB of music stored on one of
> those nice tiny WD passport USB disks. Would be great if the radio could
> also play music from local files stored on that disk.
>
> There is already a Line In input and the radio must have some type of
> OS (probably a small Linux) embedded into it - so the chances are USB
> support already exists in the kernel. All one would need is to add a USB
> connector to the case -- not IMO a difficult engineering job to do.
>
> Cheers
> jimbo

Simple solution Jimbo, buy a Touch when they are released. Put the USB
drive on the Touch USB port and run TinySBS on the Touch. As Pat likes
to say, "Everybody needs more then one Squeezebox." -*He is correct you
know*-.

And I believe Aubuti is correct that the SB Radio doesn't have the
memory or processor power to run TinySBS. Also the changes would most
likely push the price point way to far up to make the SB Radio no long
make sense (IE might as well buy a Boom).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom