Applet ideas:

Take Custom Clock and combine it with a weather display so the
screensaver saver usually shows the time but if you turn the knob it
shows a weather forecast.  You could even have it shows clock, current
weather, tomorrow, day after etc based on the posibtion of the knob,
returning to the clock after 30 seconds (say).  I'm not sure if it is
possible to do "interactive" screensavers.  (I nearly have this written
for SBS/Boom but cant get my plugin to respond to knob turns when its
running as a screensaver, but that's another story...)

Agree about the "Now Playing" display.  It would be great if you could
customise this by setting font sizes.

Erland, where did you learn how to write applets?  I can find almost no
info on writing plugins on the wiki.  I have a Lua book which I'm slowly
going through, and have done experiments to see how things work, but
complicated things seem impossible to follow.

--
Aslak3

(SB 2, SB Boom, SB Radio)