eap;519910 Wrote:
> 40 watts x 16 hours x 365 days = 233.6 KillowattHours (KwH)
>
> 233.6 x $.10 (I'll give you 10 cents per KwH which is a lot) = $23.00
> per year.  I'm not gonna cry over $23.00 a year (do you unplug your a/v
> receivers and TVs at night)?  They eat up electricity doing nothing too.
>

> By the way, I think (but I'm not sure) that there is a way to have
> squeezebox wake up your PC from hibernate mode (if not this firmware,
> then new firmware).  I thought you had it OFF completely.  If you
> hibernate, there might be another way.

You are continuing to miss the point.  No one should need to leave a
computer on 24X7 for an *alarm clock* to work reliably!

I do run a server 24X7 but my parents, brother, sister and 99% of my
friends have absolutely no interesting in doing this just so that they
know they can wake up reliably in the morning when a $5 alarm clock is
perfectly capable of doing the same job.

And for the record .10 is a pretty LOW rate for electricity.  Many
parts of the country are higher than that and prices are quite a bit
higher in much of europe and asia.

We personally pay about .09 per kwh for electric and the rates have
been going up at a faster level than inflation for the past 5 years now.

--
jmpage2