mattoleriver;520408 Wrote:
> I've had my SB Radio for about a week now and I keep finding new ways to
> confound and confuse myself.  Do I have to choose between
> mysqueezebox.com and squeezeboxserver?  How do I determine which is best
> for me?  Where/how do I make the choice?
> Thanks
> George

Did you see this reply to your post above?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=520294&postcount=13

Squeezebox Server is the software which needs to be running so you can
play your own music, access internet radio and music services like
Napster.

Mysqueezebox.com is basically a cut down version of the software.
However it doesn't run on your local PC or NAS but is run by Logitech at
various data centres located around the world.  You can connect your
Radio to mysqueezebox.com if your player has access to the internet and
then you don't need to keep a PC or NAS running.  However, you can't use
mysqueezebox.com to access your local music.  Only internet radio and
music services.  You are also dependent on mysqueezebox.com being up and
running.

In terms of deciding what is best for you - I would say do you want to
play your own local music files?  If yes then you need squeezebox server
running.  If no, you only play internet radio, connecting to
mysqueezebox.com will save you from keeping a PC or NAS running.

--
Siduhe

Who am I on 'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/siduhe)?
"-Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah,
it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho...-" (c) 'ModelCitizen'
(http://www.last.fm/user/Modelcitizen)