Phil Leigh

Thanks for the reply.

Good that we agree on poor alarm function design.

I stand by my comments on the rest.

The underfunded QA function supports my comment. Management should fix
the funding issue.

Citing Sony support is the old "We're bad, but so is someone else"
defense. The team should strive to be the best, not simply to avoid
being the worst.

I've used and searched the Bugzilla database.  It's a poorly
maintained, hard to use, list of problems.  A LONG list.  Most of which
appear to be un-addressed. Only geek customers will find and understand
the list.  Not customer-friendly. The resolution field for most is
blank.  I've voted, but can't easily see priory. Credit given for having
a list,  disappointment for not using the list to managing work and
communicating to customers.  The team should publish an easy to
understand list of bugs, noting if they have accepted (can reproduce)
them, and providing information on a planned fix date or release.

It sounds to me like good management is lacking for the product team,
as is a concerted effort at being customer-focused and doing product and
process improvement.

Logitech has a game-changing technology here that has the potential to
bring Internet audio to the mass consumer market (not just as a toy for
geeks).  Failure to capitalize would be very sad.

--
davenva