davenva;523034 Wrote:
> Phil Leigh
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Good that we agree on poor alarm function design.
>
> I stand by my comments on the rest.
>
> The underfunded QA function supports my comment. Management should fix
> the funding issue.
>
> Citing Sony support is the old "We're bad, but so is someone else"
> defense. The team should strive to be the best, not simply to avoid
> being the worst.
>
> I've used and searched the Bugzilla database.  It's a poorly
> maintained, hard to use, list of problems.  A LONG list.  Most of which
> appear to be un-addressed. Only geek customers will find and understand
> the list.  Not customer-friendly. The resolution field for most is
> blank.  I've voted, but can't easily see priory. Credit given for having
> a list,  disappointment for not using the list to managing work and
> communicating to customers.  The team should publish an easy to
> understand list of bugs, noting if they have accepted (can reproduce)
> them, and providing information on a planned fix date or release.
>
> It sounds to me like good management is lacking for the product team,
> as is a concerted effort at being customer-focused and doing product and
> process improvement.
>
> Logitech has a game-changing technology here that has the potential to
> bring Internet audio to the mass consumer market (not just as a toy for
> geeks).  Failure to capitalize would be very sad.

The points I was making were:

1) most LARGE tech companies don't fix bugs reported by their customers
very quickly - if ever. In this respect, the Squeezebox product is quite
unusual. I've been on this board for 5 years+ and I've seen some bugs
fixed in HOURS!

2) At least there is - and always has been -  a customer-accessible
list of issues, whatever you think of it. This itself is a refreshing
change from the norm.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just proferring an alternate
perspective.
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio