toby10;523729 Wrote:
> They do both.  I believe in the appropriate menu category (like Albums
> or Artists) the num/alpha buttons have three distinct functions:
> -  quick press = alpha
> -  quick press & hold = presets
> -  long press & hold = set as preset
>
> Usually if one is in such alpha capable menu's they are searching for
> something, not looking to play a preset.

How do you do quick press and hold?  When you hold, how do you do the
quick press? Quick press and long press are irrelevant when you hold,
aren't they?.....or Do you mean 2 actions?  Quick press, let go and then
hold on the 2nd press?

I am still on firmware r8423, just want to understand the behaviour
before  considering future upgrade.

Thanks.

--
Honva