> i thought Squeezebox Radio sends a WOL paket one minute before the alarm
> or so.
The radio is supposed to send a WOL 10minutes before the alarm in
7.4.2.
I'm not sure it really does - the code is there - but the one time I
turned on a network sniffer I couldn't see any WOL (could have made a
mistake though).
As I have a 24/7 server I didn't look into it.

> I wonder if it is the same crazy music that my radio sometimes plays
> for the alarm in the morning? It's as irritating as hell, a fast and
> lively loop.

It sure is.
There is only one fallback sound directly saved on the radio.
/usr/share/jive/applets/AlarmSnooze/alarm.mp3

Recently found it that this tune belongs to the music (with some male
singing) you can hear here:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/mpd/permalink/m3EVJHHUALRC9U

> but I've not been able to figure out why it sometime plays instead of
> my set alarm sound

If you provide the same logs as disaster did, one could help :)

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.4.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
Secondary 7.4 Server on Debianized Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL.