JJZolx;527365 Wrote:
> Seems to me an odd distinction between powering down manually and
> powering down automatically on battery power.  You mean to tell me that
> if I just pull the plug out of the wall and throw the Radio into my
> luggage then the alarm may go off while my bags are going through
> airport security?

Sure, since I can't imagine any good way for Radio to differentiate
between your yanking the plug and burning battery for another 20
minutes, and your power going out. What's it supposed to do, see if the
network is still up? At my house, my broadband and wifi are on a UPS,
and I wouldn't bother putting a battery-equipped device like a laptop or
Radio on a UPS.

Ben and Tom's answer to you is to hold the power button until Radio
says "Goodbye" (whether on AC or battery), and then you're safe.
Honestly, though, are you really more concerned about Tom's
taking-Radio-through-the-airport than you are
sleeping-late-because-the-power-failed? Given how nasty some of the
comments have been about Radio alarm failures, do you really think it's
wiser for Logitech to cater to the Tom-airport scenario than the
didn't-know-Goodbye-meant-no-alarm scenario?

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
Free plugins:  'AllQuiet'