I'm using my fairly new Radio as an alarm and it hasn't let me down so
far. I'm using a ReadyNAS server which is not on 24/7 but is on all
night, so as long as I know it's on when I go to bed I'm not relying on
it switching on in the morning.

The only time it will let you down (non UK people look away now) is if
the timezone on your ReadyNAS is set to GMT: Greenwich Mean Time, come
British Summer Time the server does not update and the alarm goes off
an hour later than the time it's set for. I don't really understand how
this works when the time was correct on the front of the radio, but I
tried it several times thinking that the alarm wasn't working until I
realised. (The timezone needs to be set to GMT: Western European.)
Happily I did find this out while testing it on Sunday, not on Monday
morning!

--
Straille