it was a confirmation of the post from usch

> Under "System requirements" it says: "Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3.5 or
> later, Windows®: XP/2000/NT/7, Windows Vista®, 733MHz Pentium,
> Linux/BSD/Solaris/Other: Perl 5.8.3 or later". So again not doubt that
> it requires a local computer.

who didn't have a box to check if it is printed on it. IMHO this is a
good indication that a Computer needs to be available.

I don't expect this discussion to come to any consent. For me it was
clear that i would need a server running. But as i intended to play my
own mp3s how should it get to them otherwise ;). I checked before
buying that it would run with linux. The surprise for me was, that it
insisted to create a mysqueezebox.com account. In fact i started to
research which functions are only available if mysbs is there. I don't
trust services in "the cloud"/internet to be available all the time an
ininitly and expect to own the SBS longer than two years.

the client server model of SBs has the drawback to require the server
part. I think its historical. Today one would probably put a bit of
intelligence into the device an then sync/add features with a server. I
work in IT i've seen cruder stranger and older kludges. Client-Server is
a well proven good enough desing for me.

If the product doesn't meet your expectation return it (at least in
germany that would be easy and possible). Maybe a different product
will meet all your wishes, maybe it will lack something else.

--
fragfutter

You're obviously not a Linux person. If you were, you'd know that the
most important feature of a GUI is the icon that opens a shell window.