Just want to chime in that my Radio alarm has been very reliable for
several months.
When I first used the alarm, about 2 days out of 5 the alarm wouldn't
sound at all (this was before Marc's work).  I was using the "sound
effects", which turn out to require connection to MySB.com.
I found a sound which was acceptable to me as an alarm, which I added
to my server library (mp3 file).  This allowed me to not rely on
connection to MySB.com at all.  Further, my SBS is up 24/7.
Since that time my alarm has not failed to go off correctly.  I think
the backup sound come on one time, coming out of a "snoooze", but I
don't normally use snooze, so don't know if that's a persistant issue.
I'm not trying to say the alarm in the Radio is nearly as robust as it
needs to be, but to say that with this particular setup my alarm has
been very reliable.

--
tcutting