bluegaspode;541577 Wrote:

> I still hope that at some time they decide that its worth to change the
> alarm system.
> Unfortunately I doubt so - I guess the Radio is selling very good
> (despite its lacks in the alarm system) - and we - who need the alarm -
> fiddle around in this forum until it works - instead of selling the
> Radio again. Then we buy a Touch or a Boom and all the other cool stuff
> around the Squeezeboxes make us still advertise it to friends. Maybe not
> our grandma - but I guess she isn't the actual target audience ;) ...

I know you and Marc has looked into this a lot more than I have, how
hard would it be to make a third party applet that handled the alarm
locally and ignored any trigger sent from the server ?

Are there other fundamental issues that makes this problematic ?

Is there something that has to be done on the server side to make sure
the current server logic doesn't cause problem for the third party
applet ?

If there is something on the Radio side that causes problem we can
easily just create a patch that fixes it.

Spontaneously it feels like a local applet handling alarms could be
fairly simple and reliable but I might be missing something. Maybe we
can make this work ourselves if Logitech doesn't have the resources to
prioritize it ?

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))