AJL;543821 Wrote:
> It's now working with the old firmware...Now I'll use it awhile and see
> if the drop out still happens. I'll report back.

It's been a few days since since I did the rollback now and not a
single dropout. So either the rollback worked or mysb.com cleaned up
their act. Either way I guess I'll keep the SBR and not return it to
Best Buy, I hope I'm not sorry...

I do have another glitch though. Occasionally when I pushbutton it on
from the sleep mode it will back go back off (to sleep) after a few
seconds. After the second push it will stay on. I'm not going to try to
fix this one though as it's not that annoying.

Editorial comment: I would have a hard time recommending this radio to
someone else. This is the first time I have used a SB product and the
hassle to make it work IMO is unacceptable. The product appears to
still be in beta judging from my (and many others on this forum)
experience. I'll keep this SBR since it now seems to do what I want,
but in the future I'll likely avoid products of this brand.

--
AJL