jwagner010;547640 Wrote:
> So why is there a RadioTime menu option on my Squeezebox if the streams
> cannot be played?  This thing is becoming more and more like a brick
> every day.

Radio and Touch will do AAC , the "old architecture" ip3k based players
will not without the help of a local server.
And there seem to be all kinds of weird ways this get broken anyhow.
I think bpa got the grip on the details he apparently listen to more
radio than me.

AAC for SB3 and Transporter and Reciever has been a wish for years, but
the devs never found a reasonable way to get it into the firmware.
Even when the products where current and actively developed.

RadioTime menus are provided by Radio Time I suppose and so are all
other content providers menus like Shoutcast, there are 100000's
internet radio channels some wont play, I cant see a reasonable way to
filter out the "working ones" as this is changing all the time

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this