bpa;548047 Wrote:
> If the player can play AAC natively (i.e. a Radio or Touch) then the URL
> which has "AAC" will play even mysb.com.
>
> The problem is that on mysb.com the "Internet Radio search" (which is
> driven by radioTime) seems to be set up so that it will never return an
> AAC streams so users get confused thinking the stream cannot be played
> on Radio/Touch.......

......and that's why I'm wondering if RadioTime feeds could not include
AAC delivered to MySB.

But I suppose implementing it is not so simple and will cause possible
support calls and confusion with the older players that cannot play AAC
natively.

I know RadioTime lets the user select which stream formats to show in
search results, but that only applies to RadioTime's own player.

Maybe AAC feeds could be included but clearly marked as AAC so users on
older players will know it can't be played?
Maybe make showing AAC feeds selectable in MySB > Account Settings?
Or make showing AAC feeds selectable in MySB > Players for only newer
players (with a clear warning about such feeds on older players)?

Dunno, but it sure seems like a growing issue that should be considered
if at all doable.

--
toby10