bpa,

Would this be a good summation of the RadioTime AAC issue on MySB?
As always, feel free to edit/add/delete if I'm not representing the
issue accurately.   :)

Problem:
SB player connected to MySB using the Internet Radio menu and
subsequent menus….
-       station listed on SBS but not listed on MySB
-       station listed on both SBS and MySB, plays on SBS but won’t play on
MySB

Short Answer:
That station is likely an AAC format stream sourced from RadioTime.
RadioTime AAC feeds cannot be played from MySqueezeBox.com (MySB), but
will likely play when connected to SqueezeBox Server (SBS) on your
computer.

Long Answer:
All internet radio feeds within the Internet Radio menu item (and
subsequent sub menu items) are provided by a service called RadioTime.
RadioTime receives the station feeds, organizes and catalogs them, then
makes them available to subscribers and services like MySB.

Different stations format their streams in different ways, they could
be MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, and other formats...  RadioTime simply provides
a simple way to find all of these streams then sends your selected
stream to your SB player through MySB.

The RadioTime AAC feeds are in a format that cannot be played by the SB
players without server transcoding.
SBS can transcode, MySB cannot transcode.

MySB can play AAC streams if in a format that MySB can play without
requiring transcoding.
-       if AAC URL is placed into your Favorites
-       iPlayer App plays BBC streams in AAC format

Possible Remedies for AAC playback issues on MySB:
-       find the actual stream URL by playing the stations stream directly
from the stations web site on your computer, see if your player (WMP,
iTunes, WinAmp, etc..) can pick out the actual URL, cut & paste the URL
into your MySB Favorites
-       if above does not work you can try another application like URL
Snooper
-       email the station and ask for their direct link URL, add to MySB
Favorites
-       use SBS on your computer instead of MySB (I know this is not what
MySB users want to hear, don’t yell at me, I’m just suggesting an
alternative)

And to further confuse issues, only the newer SB players (Touch and
Radio) can play AAC natively.  So even if MySB > RadioTime were to
offer AAC format streams in a MySB friendly format, the older players
(SB1/2/3, Boom, Duet) could not play these anyway.

This only covers playback issues of AAC format streams related to SB
players, RadioTime, Internet Radio menu items, MySB.com
This does not cover other streaming issues like stations using:
-       Flash Player (limited to new players Touch & Radio, only works with
specific Apps for specific streams)
-       mms format streams (can be problematic, needs to be in http format)

--
toby10