Long-time w/ Squeezebox2 & Classic.  New to SB Radio.

I see there is substantial discussion on Alarms; if I'm repeating
something that's been said before, please accept my apologies...

I envision the SB radio replacing my clock-radio; so a reliable Alarm
is desired.  Like many others, I take advantage of power management on
my server.  At wake-up time the server is always in S3 standby.

Observations:

1. If I set an alarm to launch a Favorite on my local server and the
server is running, it works correctly.  Similarly, if connected to
Mysqueezebox.com and alarm is set to launch a Mysqueezebox.com
Favorite, it also works.

2. If I set an alarm to launch a Mysqueezebox.com Favorite, but the
radio is connected to the local server, it runs the backup alarm.

3. If I set an alarm to launch a Favorite on my local server and the
server is sleeping, it runs the backup alarm and wakes the server.
However, even after the server is awake and available, the backup alarm
does not switch to the selected wake up stream.

Desired Operation:

Case #2 (above) - if the alarm is set to a Mysqueezebox.com favorite,
rather than run the backup alarm, why not auto-connect to
Mysqueezebox.com and wake me with the desired Favorite?

Case #3 (above) - if the alarm is set to a local server favorite,
rather than run the backup alarm, first try to wake the server and
launch the selected Favorite.  If this fails after a nominal amount of
time (30sec?) run the backup alarm.

Doug

PS: The SB Radio is cool - job well done!

--
TechHome