Just received my battery and installed it according to directions.  I'm
running firmware version 7.4.2 (r8423) and the battery icon shows up on
the screen, however, it is not blinking or otherwise animated.

Advanced->Diagnostics->Power shows as follows:

MSP version: 1313
Battery voltage: 12.787 V
Battery vmon1: 3.711 V
Battery vmon2: 7.362 V
Wall voltage: 8.652 V
Battery temperature: 25.03125 C
Power mode: Battery power
Charger state: Battery discharging

Unless I misunderstand the battery icon and diagnostics screen, it does
not appear that my battery is charging.  If that's the case then I
expect it to drain entirely and then possibly die...

I have searched the forum and checked the wiki, but still do not have a
good understanding (besides noting the battery icon should be
'animated') what to look for or which minimum firmware revision is
necessary to ensure correct charging.

Logitech, can you please advise whether there is a battery charging
issue here and if so recommend a path for resolution?

--
Marc