bluegaspode;556335 Wrote:
> Hi Nazgul,
>
> I for my part only tell members that repeat their rants over and over
> again that I don't want to listen to it anymore, because this doesn't
> help to get their problems solved. Neither on the short nor the long
> run.
>
> And even telling those users that their complaints were better
> somewhere else in my opinion is a way of helping them (thats the reason
> I'm here - to help them) - because as often pointed out - ranting here
> is the least effective way of getting anything changed.
> As some might not know this, it is our task to point this out to new
> users.
>
> This has nothing to do with 'posting about the poster'.
>
> Also in a community to be staying alive its important to keep a good
> tone and a constructive environment. Otherwise the community would be
> dying (or we had a forum which only consists of grumbling members).
> This doesn't help anyone. Not you, not me and not logitech (though we
> don't need to take care for logitech ;) )
>
> 'Back Off' definitely isn't the right tone, so I'm afraid I need to
> tell you my opinion, that I'd like you to get over to other topics,
> which are more constructive..
> Describe your problems with your SB-devices, try to let yourself being
> helped by the community. This is the reason that this forums exists.
>
> The target audience for rants should be logitech. They listen at other
> channels.

You are correct on nearly every point.  Helpful suggestions about where
to post are certainly useful and valid.  But they also aren't what my
rant was about.  I've been reading many posts where people simply say,
(again paraphrasing) "Stop saying that, that isn't what this forum is
for." and that is a problem in a public product user forum.  If
customers come here through thevery visible link on mysqueezebox.com
and see that people with valid complaints are being told to "put a sock
in it," then you'll have some very frustrated people indeed.

This forum is for users who use a product, not for users who use a
product and happen to spend entirely too much time on the company
forum.

--
Nazgul