As a person not new to support forums but new to this forum I know I'm
going to regret this.  Anyhow, some unsolicted observations:

1. Both sides of the issue are at opposite ends of the same stick.  If
both sides would let it drop, the stick will probably go away on it's
own.

2. Having participated in support forums for some pretty lousy
products, there's a misnomer that a person who's unhappy with a product
can "get revenge" and cost product sales by making their feelings known
to potential new customers in their support forums.  The effect is
minimal, probably a drop in the bucket.  99.9% of buyers will never
check support forums before they buy.  The only cost really is your own
emotional state & blood pressure.  I read all the negativity about the
firmware in these forums for weeks and bought the radio anyhow (& glad
I did).

3. I'm not suggesting that anyone curb their freedom of expression, but
let's be sensible.  The entire discussion, regardless of what side
you're on, is off topic.  Take it to the "General Discussions" forum or
private mail so that those of us who are here for useful on-topic
support tips don't have to wade through the muck to get to them.

4. This is the reason that many unmoderated forums become moderated and
almost useless.  Let's all temper our views and do our part to keep this
from happening.

--
BLatSD