RadioListener;574897 Wrote:
> Here is the problem- When you do an update, the radio needs a PC running
> squeezebox server to be up and running when the update finishes. If the
> PC is not up and running, then the radio cannot connect to
> mysqueezebox.com,

That's definitely a bug, could you please contact Logitech support and
make sure they are aware of it. If this isn't caused by some problem
with your Radio hardware other users might be affected too, so please
contact Logitech and make sure they are aware of the problem. I can't
reproduce the problem in my own setup since I always have SBS running,
this is probably also the reason why some of the other people in this
thread haven't seen the problem.

RadioListener;574897 Wrote:

> That is absolutely ridiculous system design for the end users and
> ensures the NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME comments you see everywhere.

I'm 100% sure this isn't by design, if it works as you described this
is just a bug and it's a bug that should have been found before
releasing the firmware. However, at the moment it feels more important
to make sure Logitech is aware of the problem and that it's solved in
your setup than arguing who has done a mistake.

Logitech support staff don't monitor this community forum, so to make
sure they are aware of the problem you either need to contact Logitech
support or at least post in the official Logitech forum at:
http://forums.logitech.com
(I recommend that you contact Logitech support as this makes sure your
case isn't lost among other forum threads)

Welcome back to this community forum after that if you like to get the
most out of your new Squeezebox Radio. Also, please report back after
you have talked to Logitech support so we get to know if this is a
common problem or if it's something caused by some error in your
hardware.

Complaining on Logitech in this community forum doesn't help because
Logitech isn't usually reading what's posted here, they focus on what's
posted on their official forum.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))