I just want the alarm to work properly.  It did for a week or so earlier
this year, but that was it.  Interestingly that was when I was using
MySB; most of the time I use my own server (7.5.2), which is absolutely
solid for every other player.  Since I use the beta/RC software I can't
use MySB, as it always asks for firmware updates back and forth, and
annoys me.

Fortunately I have a three year-old son, so I don't really need an
alarm.  But on those rare days that I do, I know that I shall be awoken
by the thumping fail-safe alarm at high volume, rather than Radio 4 at
volume 20.  Right next to my ear.  For a while I had a digital watch
bleep-bleep, which was much better, but it's now just back to the
annoying thumpy music.  Does the job, I guess - it is effective at
waking me up.  The wife has taken to moving to a spare room if I'm
going to be using it, but I guess that could be my snoring.

Most fortunately of all, I have plenty of other Squeezeboxes - Touch
and SB3 in the music systems, and a couple of Booms that actually work
where I need music without a big system.  All I trust my Radio to do is
tell the time.

The Radio is, frankly, shit.  It's a clock radio with a shit radio and
a shit alarm.

--
adamslim

You can't have too much music, but I do have too much hifi

Rock/Excalibur/MC30S, Touch, Caiman, Audion Pre, 6B4G SET, Lowther
monsters
SB3, Charlize 2, One Thing Quad ESLs
Boom x 2, Radio