I am absolutely sick and tired of trying to get the alarm to work.

For something that looks like it should be possible to use it as a
clock radio this is the worst feature of the Radio.

Every time updates come out I install in the hope that THIS time it
will fix the awfulness of the alarm but no.

I have the alarm set to play a radio station favourite. The radio is
connected to the internet and playing the same station in the evening
when it sleeps. I also use a ReadyNAS which doesn't turn on or off
during the night (and shouldn't make any difference anyway).

What happens? Sometimes I get the default noise straight away, this
morning I got about 30 seconds of my chosen radio station and then the
default noise again - I hadn't snoozed or tried to turn off, it just
started playing. And the radio which played was live, it wasn't a 'left
over' bit from last night's buffer.

And COME ON - if you must have a default noise does it have to be so
HORRIBLE?

I also have a serious gripe about the way the volume of the alarm
messes up the volume of play for everything else. I usually have my
radio playing through powered speakers on either side of the bed
attached through the headphone socket. For this I have the radio volume
set to about 50 and then I get an appropriate range of volume with the
speaker control. The alarm plays only through the radio speaker and
doesn't use the attached speakers. (How annoying is that.)
Thankfully(hahahaa!) there is a volume control (in the alarm set up
options) for the alarm which perports to be separate from that for
normal play. So obviously when playing through the radio speaker I
don't want it at 50 so I set it much lower. Then I find that once the
alarm has done its total FAIL (as above) the volume for normal play
when I manually start the radio up and it plays through the speakers
has also been turned right down.

I'm not going to use the alarm again but I'm so annoyed by it I felt
the need to rant about it (again). Sorry about that - I'll go have a
cup of tea now, calm down and go to argos and buy a clock radio that
might actually work.

--
Straille