erland;577582 Wrote:
> They are continuously trying, it's just that they haven't succeeded yet.
> It might sound easy but getting this to work correctly with online
> internet radio stations and various server/router setups can be pretty
> complex.
>
> Earlier (7.4) the problem was that the alarm wasn't triggered at all,
> now it at least mostly outputs the default alarm so people wake up.
>
> IMHO, I don't think we will get a real solution unless enough people
> complains to Logitech support or possibly through their official forum.
> The real solution requires changes in the architecture and they won't do
> this as long as they only think a few people is a bit frustrated.
> Complains in this community forum is not enough as they aren't seen by
> the correct people.
>

> Yes I think so, it will just take some time.
>
> It's a software problem and most of the software is open sourced, so in
> the worst case, it should be possible for some third party developer to
> implement a local alarm solution where you at least can control the
> volume, timeout and sound of the fallback alarm.

Your comments give me hope, thank you. Although it amazes me that this
product has been on the market for around a year and it sounds like
it's never worked as it should do especially in terms of an alarm. In
my opinion Logitech should pull it from their range until they can
guarantee full functionality in the vast majority of cases. They are
clearly selling a product they know is not fit for purpose and will not
do what many people want it to!!

--
wonder boy

Squeezebox ex-fan boy and proud...

2x Boom

1x SB3

Just ordered SB Radio...do I need help…I WISHED I HADN’T!!!