pallfreeman;603344 Wrote:

> What I really want is to just have the radio switch on at a
> predetermined time. I don't need any snoozes, or fade-ins, I just want
> it playing already when I stagger downstairs, and I want to be able to
> see what it's playing.
>
> How do I accomplish this? Surely not cron and CLI?

1. Goto "Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer" and check the checkbox
that shows all third party applets and select to install "Patch
Installer" applet and let it reboot
3. Goto "Settings/Advanced/Patch Installer" and check to install the
"Custom alarm window" patch
4. Goto "Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer" and select to install
"Custom Clock" applet.
5. Goto Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings/When Alarm"
and select the Custom Clock screen saver you like to show instead of
the default popup window.

You will have to use "stop" or "power" button to turn off the alarm.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))