@agillis: Thank you, I have ordered two of your kits.

I am now picking out the batteries. The Sanyo 2700mah cells seem to
really be the best choice. I have found confirmation on these from a
couple of sources:
-
http://www.chip.de/artikel/Megatest-Akkus-fuer-Digicams-und-MP3-Player-AA-AAA-5_29020749.html
-
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=79302&p=920843#post920843

I am now contemplating whether to buy this:
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=12122
or these and build my own:
http://store.batteriesamerica.com/hr-3u2700sanyo-brandultra-long-liferechargeableni-mhbatteries-2700mahcapacity.aspx

I found Sanyo cells cheaper elsewhere but they did not have the solder
tab option included.

I have the following questions if someone can help:
- Does anyone know if that above linked pack comes with a thermistor,
so the only work would be swapping connectors?
- If it does come with a thermistor, could it be the "wrong one" or
would that not be a concern.
- If it is the "wrong one" would replacing it with the one which is
coming in the kits I ordered be more work than is worth it?

Thank you all for your opinions/feedback. I really appreciate the help
given in this thread. Now that the kits are on there way I am eager to
get a finished product and am not too picky about how I accomplish it.
Your guidance is appreciated.

Cheers,

orGSD

--