I have opened a dialogue with these guys:
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=12122

They may be able to offer a drop in solution for those interested. They
make each one to order and have a large selection of cells, including
the Sanyo 2700mAh cells which I have is the best solution for my
needs.

As soon as I have the parts kit from smallgreencomputers, I will see if
they have equivalent parts on their end. If there is such a combination
I will share the part numbers with you all so that you can order a
prebuilt drop in solution depending on the capacity you want. It
appears the options are 1700mAh, 2500mAh and 2700mAh.

They even offered for me to send the connector/thermistor to them so
that they could just build it all. It will cost less to purchase the
parts likely than shipping if they carry them. I will keep you all
posted.

Cheers,

orGSD

--