realcodeguy;620648 Wrote:
> None of the links I found said anything about a remote.  And, none of
> the three radios I've bought new came with a remote.  I don't care
> about the remote and I never use the ones that came with my Booms.  I
> prefer SqueezeCommand on my phone or iPeng on my iPad.  However, if
> they are included it would just be a bonus. They were shipped today,
> I'll post back when they arrive.
Actually the very link that you posted in post #2 lists a remote
control under "features included". But I think that's just sloppy
copyediting. The remote has never shipped standard with the Radio --
always packaged with the battery as an accessory kit, or sometimes
bundling the Radio and accessory kit together.

For me the Radio is absolutely the least IR remote-friendly of any of
the SBs I have (SB2, SB3, Boom, Radio, Duet, and Touch). The screen is
too small to see anything unless you're close enough to use the front
panel controls. But I can imagine if you want to use it for on/off,
pause, and volume control only it could be useful.

--
aubuti