Tjalvin,
Interesting indeed.  One thing to check when you see this difference in
station art is to verify that each Radio is streaming the exact same
stream.
Obviously when Synced they are playing the same stream.
Most RadioTime stations are offered in several different bitrate
streams so maybe Radio 1 is playing the 128k stream and Radio 2 is
playing the 64k stream.
While each Radio is playing the same station but not Synced, press the
knob for RadioTime Options > Choose Stream, select the same bitrate
stream for both Radio's.

Whether this makes any difference I dunno.  I also have no idea how
RadioTime determines which bitrate stream is offered to the player, I
presume based on server load per stream.
Even a saved Favorite stream via RadioTime will play at different
bitrates every time you play that Favorite.  Another reason I prefer
not to use RadioTime if avoidable.  :(

--
toby10