I quite understand your father's discomfort with too many choices. As an
oldie myself, I find it difficult to choose what to listen to among such
a cornucopia of goodies and gadgets to deliver them and it seems somehow
wrong to be able to have whatever I want whenever I want it.

You did not mention which newspapers your father likes. I found a UK
website that reads papers for the blind
http://www.newspapersfortheblind.org. It does not have podcasts so I
don't think that there is anyway to listen to it on the radio, but your
father could listen to it directly on his computer.

There is a US based site that provides newspaper reading in a variety
of formats. One they call "Podable News" which sounds like it might be
usable with the radio. It requires an application form to get an ID and
password so I was unable to test it out.
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org.

The New York Times does have a podcast on the weekday front page
stories and a variety of other podcasts, but not a straight reading of
the paper http://www.nytimes.com/pages/podcasts/index.html.

The best bet is to go to the websites of your father's favorite papers
and see what they have. It is generally a mixed bag.

Our local public radio station now has 24 hour classical music. If your
father would like to try it, just add the URL to his favorites
http://vprclassical.streamguys.net/vprclassical128.mp3

--
mpower9