grestorn;648344 Wrote:
> You're on Wifi, aren't you?
>
> If so, then all your problems are related to the wifi connection
> breaking up, which is not the fault of the squeezebox.

It's not even just wifi. Even if your internal wifi is rock solid, the
internet connection itself suffers from congestion and glitches. I have
been fortunate and have generally had good access and reliable alarms.

There have been occasional software glitches and some choices that I
would not have made that way, but when the techs explain, there is
usually a rational basis for the decision, often in response to
requests from users. I have found the techs very responsive.

The main fault that I have found is inadequate official documentation
and communication. For instance, a number of us filed a bug because we
could not make the alarm go to alarm off. Turns out there was a change
in functionality to make it harder to select "alarm off" to prevent the
"snooze" users from selecting it inadvertently and oversleeping. I am ok
with that decision, but it would have been nice if the change had been
documented so that we would not get all worried and go bug filing.

But when I remember how long we had to live with Windows 5.1 and the
lost productivity worldwide, and how frequently my cell phone drops
calls, and my broadcast radio pooped out in a storm because the
transmission tower was out, or how the shortwave stations drifted off
into never never land, I think that my little radio is wonderful.

There are way more deserving suits, but if I were to list them all it
would crash the forum. Suffice it to say, the Squeezebox would not even
make the bottom of the list.

--
mpower9