mentioned that it was a problem with MySB not sending a signal to enable
the stream to play, and that was causing the fallback alarm to trigger.

agreed that the workaround that was suggested by bluegaspode (I think I
remember correctly) would be the standby.  Before retiring each night,
either just 'hit the big button' or deliberately un-enable and then
re-enable the alarm, and that this should cause it to work for the next
morning.  Do this every night, and this could get me through to the
'soon' arriving new engineered update that is being done to address
several 'big bugs', including this well-known alarm-signal one.

the other workaround would be to have it operate through a local
computer with the server software (I believe I remember that as
correct) in my home.  I have not got it set up that way, only using
connection through a router to MySB.com, so it seems I will do that
annoying button-push workaround, and hope that 'soon' is not quoted
with reference to the geologic timeframe.

--
chris.wri...@vanderbilt.edu