It does play from favorites.  The URL I provide (in the favorites list)
brings up the correct stream, but when I display that URL (using the
"+" button), there's some additional information that has been inserted
into it.  This information seems somewhat random and changes each time I
select the station from favorites.  If I attempt to save the URL by then
making it a preset (press and hold), when I select that preset (press)
the radio attempts to make connection with the modified URL, and this
fails (authorization).

The modification to the URL is good only for that one time, and is
different each time I connect to the stream.

The explanation I got was that it was some sort of authorization having
to do with a popup media player.

What I was hoping to be able to do was to save the original URL in the
preset by some method other than connecting to the stream and press /
hold the preset button.

The complete stream URL is:

http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Player.aspx?Station=KNWZ_AM&filename=&Optin=#

This is a radio group in vicinity of Palm Springs (CA) ... it seems
there's  one stream for several stations that simulcast in that general
area of the desert.

If you program the above as a favorite and then select it on the radio,
check the URL that's being used (with the "+" button) and you'll see
what I mean.

If I could program the above directly into a preset, I think it would
work.

bob

--
bobandelaine