virgiliomi;689862 Wrote:
> Yes, except that unlike the others, you can download the Logitech Media
> Server software to your computer or NAS and still use your radio to
> play local music and internet radio streams that you have a direct URL
> for, even if Logitech were to stop providing the mysqueezebox.com
> service. The local server also keeps track of alarm functions, so your
> radio will continue to work.
>
> And again, as has been noted previously in this thread, one of the
> Logitech engineers noted elsewhere in the forums that they are actually
> working to ramp up the back-end of the service. So there should be no
> fears about its demise anytime in the foreseeable future.

The local server is a key plus point for Logi devices.  I also have a
cheap Chinese radio which has an onboard web server interface where you
can add stream urls directly - it's a pain to use, but useful since the
online database did close down!

--
castalla

1 Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers - 2
duff ears - purfek!
1 Logitech Radio + remote - purfek!