Mnyb;696093 Wrote:
> If you want it really off press for a longer time .
>
> jive is probably squeezeplay itself the actual software that is the
> squeezebox standby can have a clock screensaver for example thus the
> software must run .
>
> I supose squeezeplay requires the alsa soundsystem be up and running if
> you press play on the device and wants audio of any kind .

jive_alsa could be started only when needed.

> If you'd run it via wifi you see that the wifi is on to otherwise it
> would not be possible to start it from the network .

wifi subsystem is managed by different processes (wpa_supplicant and
wpa_cli) which are alive but does not consume much cpu

> ir is also active .
>
> But a long press on the power button really powers it off

Yes I know that, I'm only trying to understand what's the system is
doing when in stand-by mode.

I think that it should be only be passively waiting for events, not
actively using the cpu
This looks like some kind of badly programmed "polling" mode to me.

--
CoolRaoul