Mnyb wrote:
> A more sinister thing is that the UE server would be capable of storing
> your whole playlist history .
> Now that every track you play will be exposed to their server .
> I think this is intentional this info can probably be used in some smart
> ways with different online services , I would not be surprised if
> spotify/mog/faacebook/[some service] would be delighted.
> This kind of personal data is very valuable these days so now you
> musical taste can be a commodity too, to be used by faceless
> corporations that worries me a lot .
> This kind of implementation can benefit your music use but you giving up
> privacy at the same time .

You hit the nail here. The name of the game is CONTROL. Looks like
Logitech is going into the same direction as Apple did since it's
beginning. That's why I never bought any Apple-products and never used
iTunes etc. and NEVER will! For the same reason I don't use
(pseudo)Social Networks like Facebook or the "Cloud" etc. The control
freaks are taking over more and more. Seems to be the right time to look
for another solution which does not require to login to a remote UE
server when playing your local music. I'll continue to use my beloved
SBT for as long as it works, but I'm definitely not going the UE-road...
>From my point of view Logitech turns into the wrong direction and many
will turn their back to Logitech due to this change...