didjean wrote:
> Regarding the server, UE will only support Windows or Mac. I doubt there
> will be any version for QNAP.

I think this is marketing not knowing that the majority of LMS installs
is/was linux if you counted in the NAS installs ? and that it is coded
in perl a native linux script language.

I tried to find in their marketting blurb , but if they mention support
for any NAS for example ready NAS this implies linux support and thus
possible support for other NAS boxes .
If that is practically resolved i don't know ,skilled people can install
from sources on anything linux like ,but if QNAP makes an easy to
install package for the common users ,who knows .

I can imagine that many NAS vendors just scrap the Logitech support now
that they regressed their product to a crippled version of what it once
was and only offer one player ?
I mean why should they bother .

The current UE 10.0.1 is almost the same code as 7.8 and based on perl
unless that change it is Linux compatible as long as you use perl when
programming it will run on linux ?

I would hurry an get a Squeebox branded radio and take the losses in 2
years when the support on mysqueebox.com is scrapped and then rethink my
strategy their may be other products and other brands then .

I think that the UE radio is going to very short lived, not more future
proof than a squeezebox radio ? but that me speculating I don't have any
inside info .