Windows compatibility ? who knows .

Most things are possible , a positive example is the abandonware MusicIP
software some of us uses it has been dead for more  than >5 years it
works on my latest and greatest Win7 & new PC hardware machine .

It can overtime be more byzantine to navigate trough antivirus and
firewall softwares to make things work I suggest "pro" version or
similar that allows more fine grained control .
The usual "easy to use" solution in this field is to hide/omit any/all
kinds of useful settings or controls ? was it not in some consumer
McAffe version a couple of years ago users had to resort to registry
edits to implement some useful setting re Squeeboxserver