garym wrote:
> yes. So with LMS, you had to run a local server to play local music, but
> didn't need the internet. Now, you still need to run a local program (UE
> LMS) and can't play any local music unless you ALSO have a live
> connection to the internet.  Certainly not a good thing for my use (I
> have a weekend place that has erratic internet connection....not a
> problem with my vortexbox full of music and my current use of LMS).I can see
> why Logitech are not interested in us.  How many of their
customers:
a) have more than one Squeezebox and
b) have a private music collection large enough to need to run a
dedicated music server and
c) have a "weekend place" and
d) need -another- dedicated music server just for the weekend place?
;)

Personally I just use an iPod Classic with 80GB of 320kbs MP3s on it and
a cheap iPod dock when the family are away from home. Have never felt
the need for "hi-fi" on holiday - too busy involved in more active
pursuits.

An "upgrade" for me would be an iPod Touch with more than 100GB of
memory.  But that would be more than they offer with the iPad, so little
hope of that in the near future.