So I have some questions about the new client/server features, since it
seems things are being trimmed down...

1) On the server end, is Linux compatibility still in the cards?
2) For the clients and server, is multi-device sync still in the cards?
3) Looks like wide format support is still thankfully there, and I'm
assuming the existing tag-reading/database backend must be coming
through more or less intact.  Is that right?

FWIW, I listen almost entirely to local music and very occasionally a
streaming radio station.  Multi-device sync and wide format support/good
tagging support is a must.  So if my Squeezebox infrastructure won't
work after my devices start dying, I'm supposing that DLNA is out of the
question due to lack of sync, and I'll probably have to cobble something
together with PC software and wireless speakers, and boy won't that be a
step down...