maggior wrote:
> They did, but apparently the adapters don't carry the analog line-out
> signal because there is no such signal to be had on the new Lighning
> connector to adapt.
>
> I know this is off-topic, but the timing of this coming on the heels of
> Logitech phasing out the Squeezebox was just too much.

You sure about this?  That adapter is awful large for just a wire
pass-through.  Since a very common use of the dock connector was for
analog audio I would be surprised if that adapter does not include a
DAC.  Also I hope it includes a way to handle the serial control, since
many docks currently require that.

If all that adapter does is a wire pass-through then all it would be
good for is power and usb, which means you are paying $30 instead of $20
for a cable.  Just does not make sense.