Once again, I don't understand the logicals behind all this.

I can understand they want to simplify the user experience
I can also understand the rebranding from Squeezebox to UE

But having exactly the same piece of hardware, having a cut-down LMS
that is not compatible with Squeezebox is so stupid. It creates
confusion, it makes good old client pissed off. It's just a cheap way of
trying to do new stuff with old stuff.

Why not making their new devices compatible with LMS? Why not having a
standard user mode and an advanced user mode?

Moreover I have not a lot of friends who have subscribed to a internet
music service. So the always connected to Internet approach is a huge
mistake imho.

This is NOT a squeezebox. It's a fakebox.