carp wrote:
> Does anyone know how many users are using the Squeezebox system (maybe
> by analyzing statistics of mysqueezebox.com)? If this number is only a
> small multiple of the number of users of this forum, then it might have
> been too little users at all to keep the Squeezebox system - as we know
> it - alive.

They would never give such numbers, nor should they.  ;)
It's the exact opposite that caused the SB end and UE start....  too
many users connecting to MySB.com, multiple MySB.com issues due to
spikes in Radio sales and logins requiring several server upgrades, SB
Radio was the best selling SB player by far, etc...

IOW:  It is not the lack of MySB.com use that helped push the demise of
SB, rather it's use/popularity helped create the idea of a simpler,
online only based, single server platform...... enter UE Radio.