>From the moment back in 2006 when Logitech acquired Slim Devices, it
seemed apparent that the Squeezebox line wouldn't fit into Logitech's
mass market business model to crank out huge volumes of cheap boxes.
Inevitably it was going to be forsaken.

Personally, I have no intention of abandoning my own Squeezeboxes. (I've
got four running in my household, and a spare unit on the shelf.) As
long as I can load the existing server software onto an NAS, I'll keep
running the best networked music system ever devised. I figure I'm good
for another 5 to 10 years, at which point -maybe- something better will
be on the market.