buffettck wrote:
> Thanks again for all the help, guys.  I'll download the latest version
> of LMS.  I would hate having to leave a computer on all the time, but at
> least it might get me some use out of an old laptop I have lying around
> doing nothing.  I'm guessing LMS isn't that resource intensive, so a Win
> XP laptop should be able to handle it...I hope...

It usually very light on resources* any old leftover pc should do, the
exceptions are when it is scanning and indexing a library of local files
( this is only needed when adding stuff ) or if it has to transcode
music in some file format the player can't handle natively to something
else .

*users of some very CPU starved NAS boxes migth disagree .