Hello, new poster but longtime Squeezebox user here. I was at Best Buy a
few days ago and they were closing out their remaining UE Smart Radios
at $98.99 for new ones and $83.99 for 'open box' units. They had 2 left
(1 of each) and I purchased both of them and they connected to the UE
server without any major issues. However, after using them a few days I
noticed the following problems:

1) Both radios have firmware version 10.0.0 and show that as the latest
version however there is supposed to be a 10.0.1 version available.
Searched the UE forums and several users reported the same issue, can't
download latest firmware.

2) Seems the UEML software won't work with the old 10.0.0 version (again
according to the user forums) and no solution was offered other than to
convert back to the SB software.

3) No web interface to control the UE radio. I was aware of this but
didn't realize how much I would miss this feature.

So, after 2 days I decided to 'downgrade' the UE radio back to the
familiar SB format. However, while I get the menu option to convert the
radio as soon as I select the option the radio immediately reboots and
comes back up as a UE radio.

Before I return the radio, has anyone else had this issue and if so what
was the solution? As these were the last units they had in stock my only
option is a refund.

Thanks,

Bill